Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Coffee Creamer

I looked at two duplexes today; well the second one may have been a "triplex" (2-story house converted into 3 units).  The first one wasn't bad, but it seemed to me and my sidekick Nikki that the foundation of the house was off.  Plus the basement is shared, and it's kinda dirty and dingy.  And I guess tenants are responsible for the yard, cuz that, too, needed some help.  Then again it's winter in Kansas, and everything is dead. 
The second place, we looked at 2 of the 3 units; as Nikki put it, "They were just nasty". Um, the one with the washer and dryer had one of those old school little white half-stoves.  And stickers all over cupboards, glitter glue all over doors....it may only be 300/month for either one of these two, but the other had a gas leak, and it just doesn't seem like the landlord does much to take care of the property.  Sigh.  Just because I don't have a 1,000 budget doesn't mean I want to live in a piece of crap.
I am really needing something better to pop up.
On the car side, I got insurance today, through Progressive.  If you have ever considered Progressive, but are skeptical, let me tell you that they are pretty awesome.  Call 1-800-PROGRESSIVE.  I don't think you'll regret it.
So, I am feeling half and half.  Accomplished for getting the car and the insurance on my own; bummed about trying to find a decent place in Salina that isn't crap.  Sigh.  So is life, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment