Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blessed Mess


 
"It is such a great feeling to know that I am so strong and centered in what I want and what I am doing, that when someone comes at me with an “irrestible offer”, I am honestly, confidently able to say, “SORRY, BUT YOU’RE WRONG.  I DON’T NEED THIS, BECAUSE I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I NEED.”

 
I’ve decided that I’m a blessed mess.  My life may look like it’s all over the place to some, but to me, it’s exactly the pace I need.  It’s the pace I need to find my passion, my purpose, and my destination.  Moreover, it’s the pace I need to be at peace with my journey.  And, I am! I am at peace being in submission to God, and knowing that His plans are what are best.  I am at peace not owning lots of material things.  That is part of who I am. 

 
While my life may seem overwhelming to others, those looking in from the outside perhaps, I’ve learned that the individuals who truly love me will support me in all I do...I am a lover of humanity.  I don’t have time to waste on earthly things.  I live for love, and I do that in my own way. 

 My life is two things: my church (God), and my job (from God/part of what God has called me to do).  Everything else is not as important. 

 
While everything I do in my life, I only do if I can make sure I do it in Jesus’ name, my church and my job are first.  (I am single with no children)

 
Being a blessed mess means being so caught up in what God has for you, that you don’t care what others think of it.  It means being so in love with all the beauty around you, that you don’t have time for the ugly.  It means being so obsessed with serving others, that yeah, sometimes you don’t make enough time for yourself, and your body comes to screeching halt and screams, “HELLLLPPP!!!”.  (Insert a gallon of orange juice and some chicken noodle soup here)

 
But in the end, you turn out just fine, because you fill your life only with things that grow you toward your purpose.  In my case, I have co-designed this purpose with my Creator. 

This is not complicated.  This is not “all over the place”.  This is grounded. 

It has taken me years to get to this point.  Probably about 12 years, if we’re counting.  I feel like much of the hard work is behind me.  All the moments of crisis, all the panic attacks, feelings of unworthiness or insufficiency, have all led me to this moment in time.  To some that’s complicated.

 
To me, it’s really very simple. "

No comments:

Post a Comment