Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Individuality

"There is a time and purpose for everything under heaven..."

Hmmmmm. What does that mean?  Does that mean that no matter how hard we try, we can never truly control anything in our lives?  Perhaps today is our day to be sad or bummed.  Perhaps tomorrow is the time for the next door neighbor to get mugged.  I guess last month was the time to wear pink.
I'm finding myself questioning my ability to direct my own life, to be in control of the shots. Everything's going to happen a certain way, anyway.  All I can hope to control is my response to those things. 
Our responses include emotions, ideals, values, questions, not so many answers, more emotions, reactions of others, others' feelings...so many things involved in our everyday cycle.  Too many to count, almost too many to bear, we usually don't consider each aspect in its individuality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment