Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Relocation

So, I want to move to Salina.  I think.  At least, I know it would be easier because my friends are here, my church is here, and my job is here.  I don't want the hour in a car to burn me out like it did with my nursing home job.  This job has so much potential for me, that I don't want anything to ruin it.  I'm also feeling a little bummed (well, it's safe to say more than a little) because I can never participate in as much as I want to.  My church has stuff going on Wednesday nights, Friday nights, Saturday nights, in addition to occassional Saturday afternoon or mornings, all in addition to regular ol' Sunday mornings at church.  Most people don't want to be this involved with other people.  I, however, find the energy of other people infectious, contagious.  It is the energy of other people that constantly drives me, pulls me out of bed in the mornings, and helps see the positive in life.  I have been blessed with a church community in which I continue to develop relationships with people.  I can't help it; I'm a relationship gal.  I live to be around other people.  Sure, sometimes it's nice to have my own time, just me, or just me and Fred time, but all in all, I am at my best when I'm in a group of people.  Especially if these people are happy, positive, energetic about life, and have some of the same interests I do.  I don't know how I was ever so shy and quiet back in my pre-teen years, because as soon as I hit high school, I completely flipped around.  I love my friends.  Jodi, and her kinda crazy addiction to Justin Bieber, and her convincing me to watch the documentary and find a new respect for the amazingly talented and fortunate kid.  Christina, and her undying drive and determination to have a career in the medical field, something that sometimes I think I gave up on, she continues to strive for!  Katie, with her love of music just like mine.  F, with his passion for ALL kinds of music, no matter the genre, always being able to have an appreciation for it, as long it has a beat of some sort.  My sorority sisters; some teach me, and some look up to me.  We have this crazy web of interpersonal relationships that is really difficult to understand to even all of us, much less to anyone OUTSIDE of our circle.  I love being in relationship with other people, all the time.  We were not created to be on this Earth alone, and I take that very seriously!!
By moving to Salina, I would be closer to my true friends, who live both in Salina, and in Lindsborg.  Yes, I would be leaving a few friends behind in Ellsworth, but I can always go visit once in a while.  I wouldn't have to drive for 30 minutes each way to work, which isn't that bad, except for gas money!! I would have so much more money to my name if I didn't pay for gas the way I do.
The pros of staying in Ellsworth?  I wouldn't have to relocate Katherine, my cat.  I know this sounds extremely lame to some of you, but she is the only thing I have that is dependent on me, and I love her!  She is my baby, and I don't want to mess her life/routine up.  :-(
Another pro of staying in Ellsworth?  It's a nice, quiet, safe town.  I don't have to worry about theft or violence, or anyone running over my cat on a busy street.
Also on the pro Ellsworth side -- obviously, keeping my living situation with F.  I don't want to be away from him.  HOWEVER, I want the same kind of committment from him that I have been giving to our relationship, by commuting to work (this is the second job I do this for, and the last commute was 45 minutes each way).  So, I'm not comfortable keeping F as a "pro-Ellsworth" criterion.  I think it would be more of avoiding conflict, and I'm not completely scared of conflict.  I just want to be happy and make the most of my resources as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Living in Salina has a ton of benefits! We love it so much. Being close to your church family is very important for those of us that live far from our real family. Our church family has done things above and beyond what normal friends would do, without them I would be lost! Let me know if you need any help with anything!

    ReplyDelete