Friday, December 9, 2011

My First Blog

I'm sitting here at the Lindsborg Hospital.  I just had blood drawn, a lab to check my thryoid stimulating hormone, and my lipid levels, I think.  This last June, my lab results came back showing my "bad fats" a little too high, and today is the day I find out if everything I've been doing (taking fish oil, increasing cardio, eating oatmeal  5 TIMES A WEEK) has helped at all.  My doctor's appointment to review lab results, talk about meds, etc is in an hour and a half. 

What's it like to be a 23-year old with semi-bad cholesterol and possible thryoid problems?  Frustrating.  Annoying.  Not what I expected.  Not what I planned after being an athlete for so many years.  My body has gone through this crazy journey over the last...11-12 years.  But that can be the theme of my next blog.  

I felt the desire to start a blog because I know I need to reflect more, and I'm just not taking the time to do that.  I know it's important to sit down every day, look at what you're currently experiencing, and evaluate all the circumstances around you to figure out if you're moving forward in life, or just currently stuck.

I've got a lot to learn about blogging.  How much do I really want to put out here, for people to see?  What the heck are labels, and how do I use them (are they like Facebook tags??)?  Why does this thing feel the need to save my draft every minute and a half?  How do I make my page look cool and how do I put up pictures?

It kinda seems like I've just added to my nuts-o to-do list, and right before the holidays, too.  But, it's time I take my writing to some sort of "next level".  For me, that next level is this.

Wish me luck.  My blogging journey has begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment